Saturday, March 13, 2010

New Beads

Here are some new pictures of handmade beads and a new bracelet that I have been working on. I have been making these new beads and have been having fun working with all the color choices. The beads are made like paper beads but I use heat to seal them, gives them a different look. Also, these beads are not made out of paper...but something special. All about useing something diffent to make something special. I also found out the the beads are water resistant....I put a couple in a bowl of water to see if the water would bleed. :)
Nobody wants to be wearing a piece of jewelry to bleed color all over them.

I have made a couple pair of earrings and a few very simple bracelets but the bracelet posted here has to be my favorite. Not sure if I want to sell it keep it?? I know that my Mom as already claimed it.

Thinking about making some more maybe this time out of paper. I found some old maps that I think would make some cool beads.


Hope you enjoy the new beads and will be creating this weekend. :)

1 comment:

  1. I made beads like that when I did the City & Guilds Embroidery course a few years ago. Very effective. Your colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete